Dr. Cornel West at the Occupy Wall Street protest Tuesday evening. [Photo: @linktothepast86]
One of Americas great minds explains how socialism is not an attempt to destroy democracy, but to expand it.
— John Stewart Mill
My name is Mark and this tumblr is, as the description implies, an attempt to spread information, as well as my own personal views, regarding our nations fear and animosity towards socialist ideals.
To clear some things up:
1. I am not a political scientist
2.I am not an economist
3. I DO NOT condone revolution in order to establish a socialist nation, and I am not seeking to destroy capitalism. Capitalism is here to stay, I seek greater regulation.
4. I consider myself a Social Democrat. I AM NOT A COMMUNIST. (for some basic info see this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_democrats)
5. I am not perfect, nor will all the things I post be a direct reflection of irrefutable fact, take all opinions as exactly what they are, opinions.
6. I believe in Welfare Capitalism, single-payer universal healthcare, free education and class collaboration.
7. I am open for and looking to have dialogue with fellow thinkers, liberal or conservative. We are all in this together.
I have decided to create this tumblr in an effort to make people think about America’s flawed political system. We are the only industrial nation in the world with a bi-party system and it is my belief that a new social democratic party is what is necessary to bring America back.